Regardless of the type of business you run, you have information that can contribute to the education of the marketplace. The question you need to ask yourself is, “How can I get that information out there?” If you would like to add short bits of information, or keep your clients up to date on a regular basis, adding a simple blog to your Website could, over time, generate significant traffic, additional credibility, and ultimately new customers. Make a decision to dedicate about 45 minutes a day (or every other day) online, posting meaningful comments, providing answers to frequently asked questions, or posting industry news. Positioning yourself as an authority in your industry will drive solid traffic to your blog or Website.
Blogs can be interactive; it allows readers to post comments on your articles and posts, if you so desire. It’s also a good idea to post on other topic-related message boards and/or blogs, providing a link back to your Website. By posting elsewhere on the Net, over time, you could develop an experts reputation within your niche community while at the same time you’re providing links back to your site (which makes excellent “spider food” for the search engines). Blogs are also an excellent way to help increase your rankings with the search engines, especially if your existing site has little to no content. Google loves original, and relevant, content!
Most blogs can be designed to match the look and feel of your Website.
* A one time $100.00 installation and set-up fee will be charged for a basic theme of your choice (you find and select the template). The Basic Plan includes:
- basic customization of your theme (i.e. add corporate logo, change color scheme)
- up to 3 plugins installed and set up.
- you set up your own pages and categories
- basic instructions on how to use the blog will be sent via email. No additional consultation provided.
* A one time set-up fee starting at $400.00 will be charged for installations that include:
- helping you find a stable theme (with no adware or spyware inserted into the code)
- installation of up to 5 quality plugins
- minimal content placement to help get your started with pages (up to 5) and categories
- photo gallery, if needed, with uploading images to the gallery (up to 5 images)
- minimal customization
- one-hour basic tutoring session via phone consultation
Blogs can also be used as a Content Management System (CMS) making it easy for your to add fresh content on a weekly, daily, or even hourly (if you felt inspired to do so), basis. Blogs designed to be the main Website are considered to be a new design; Not an update to the site, nor Web Maintenance. If you want your Blog turned into a CMS with customization that doesn’t exist out of the box (see example here), that would be considered a new Website. [Request a quote]
For WP Blogs: Your server must be running the latest versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL.
NO technical support for the blog software itself. Support for any Plugins used is provided by the plugin developer; Contact information is provided.
Suggested WordPress Plugins:
WordPress Backup Plugin
Back up your entire WordPress site and Database: Click here to view more details and to buy this plugin.
More than a simple fill-in-the-blank Contact Form. This plugin provides a wide array of “Form Management” features and functionality. Click here to view more details and to buy this plugin.